Wednesday 25 November 2009

'I Found My Horn'

On the 19th November I went to Hampstead theatre to watch ‘I found My Horn’ By Jonathan Guy Lewis, adapted from the book by Jasper Rees. Tickets were only £10 with ‘A Night Less Ordinary’ funded by Arts Council England – great discounts on local theatre, check it out!

‘I found my Horn’ is a one man show exploring a forty year old man’s midlife crisis of his realisation that he has done nothing to make himself memorable. He then remembers the excitement he had for his childhood passion of the brass Horn. Even though he has not touched the French Horn for more than 25 years he decides to resuming his old French Horn from the attic, and sets himself an impossible challenge to him; to perform a Mozart concerto in front of paying audience of horn fanatics. The actor Jonathan Guy Lewis takes us back and forth through 25years of this man’s life of his experiences of learning the horn. He performs many characters with a wide variety of skill and humour.

This Production has inspired me to start writing and devising characters to maybe collaborate to make a performance using the idea of one or two actors with the challenge of performing many different characters.

A heart-warming performance piece tracing one man's inspirational journey to regain his self-confidence. - EMILY GOVAN

No comments:

Post a Comment